This information is primarily geared for those with little experience ordering design services. There are a few methods to help ensure a smooth process from project start to completion.
- Communication: Good communication is essential. E-mail is the preferred method for contact in most cases, but please be willing to communicate through telephone if needed.
- Supply of Material: We prefer sticking to the deadlines. For this reason, it is very important to supply all content (such as photos, text content) in a timely manner. Always allow more time than needed for last minute revisions or unexpected circumstances.
- The Schedule & the Approval Process:
As with most important projects in the business world, design projects have schedules and chains of command for approval. We will help you schedule critical dates for the project. For this process to run smoothly, the client (and everyone whose approval is needed), the Designer, and all
vendors involved must stick to the schedule. Otherwise, the project could be delivered
late, or the quality could be compromised. Although face-to-face meetings are often
needed, the production process can be streamlined by taking advantage of technology.
In other words, email, fax or mail as much as possible.
- Typography: Good grammar and proper spelling are critical for maintaining a professional image. For publications with a lot of text, please consider consulting with a proof reader before approving final copy for printing.
- Point of Contact: There should be only one person with the authority to give the estimate and final project approval. If it is necessary to have input from multiple people (for example, a committee that needs a brochure), there should be one person that represents the whole and serves as the point of contact. When multiple people are expressing differing opinions about a design project to the designer, forward movement becomes extremely difficult.